Medical Cannabis Calgary
Find Out How You Can Obtain A Medical Cannabis Prescription In Canada
The health benefits of medical cannabis are no longer a secret in Canada. This plant helps with a wide range of medical problems such as PTSD, stress, sleep disorders, Parkinson’s disease, cancer, and It’s a safe, natural way to relieve chronic pain.
Canada was one of the first countries to legalize recreational weed nationwide. However, there are still thousands of people who live here which continue to use cannabis for medical purposes, and the number is growing. Health Canada Licensed Producers are selling CBD and other hemp-derived products in many cities including Calgary.
If you’re a Canadian resident, you can obtain medical marijuana with a prescription. The process is quite straightforward and relatively quick.
Not sure where to start? Here’s how to get a medical cannabis prescription in just five simple steps, but first…
The Benefits of Medical Cannabis Canada
Now that recreational marijuana has been legalized, some people may argue the purpose of medical cannabis. But rest assured, it still plays a very important role, and here’s why.
- More workplace insurance companies are covering medical cannabis in Canada, but you need to have a prescription/card in order to receive coverage.
- If you are considered low income or are on government social assistance, you may qualify for a discount.
- Medical Marijuana is tax deductible. You may file it under a medical expense. However, to qualify you must have a prescription/card and save all your receipts.
- Know where your supply is coming from. Many licensed physicians can connect you with Health Canada Licensed Producers, so you know your receiving the best quality and strains for your condition.
- The prescription and proper education are free.
- Health Canada research aims to improve our knowledge and understanding. If you have a health concern or have been diagnosed with a condition, it’s very important to learn the risks and benefits as well as the dosage and potential interactions with other medications.
- A qualified physician at a cannabis clinic can help you navigate the complex world of marijuana, it’s different strains, uses, CBD oil, what’s best for your condition, dosage and more. Self medicating means you’re guessing which strains to buy, dosage, type and possibly even what your condition is. Guessing can even lead to potentially choosing a strain that might make your condition even worse. Book a consultation with a qualified physician.
Check The Eligibility Criteria
Medical marijuana use and possession are regulated by the ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations). Therefore, you need to be eligible for medical cannabis. You must have one or more of the following conditions in order to qualify for this program:
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic pain
Reach Out To a Qualified Physician
You will need to speak to a qualified physician in order to obtain a prescription. They will assess your condition and provide you with education and understanding of medical marijuana, its uses, benefits and how to obtain cannabis from a Health Canada Licensed producer no matter where you live in the country.
If, for some reason, you can’t see a doctor in person, book an online clinical assessment through SmartLeaf health Services. A qualified medical professional will assess your symptoms and ask questions via Skype/Telemedicine to determine your eligibility and offer you a prescription, even if you’re in need of medical cannabis in Calgary.
Let the doctor know about your medical history and any treatments you’ve already tried. The more information you share about your condition, the higher your chances of getting approved.
Get Your Physician’s Approval
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your doctor will fill out an official document. He will describe your condition, how medical marijuana can help, and the suggested dosage. This document will also include his name, license number, business address, and other relevant information.
At this point, the clinic or medical provider may connect you with medical marijuana counselling to help educate you on the topic. Ideally, select a clinic that provides both online consultations and counseling services.
Order Medical Marijuana
Once you’ve received your medical cannabis prescription, you can order marijuana or CBD oil online from a Health Canada Licensed Producer.
Our team at Smart Leaf Health Services can help find a licensed producer that best suits your needs so you can receive your medication right to your door.
Get a Medical Cannabis Prescription In Canada the Easy Way
Now that you know how to get medical cannabis in Canada, take the steps needed to obtain your prescription. Our team can handle this process on your behalf and assist you with any questions you may have. And if you’re looking on how to get a medical cannabis card in Calgary specifically, then don’t hesitate to contact us. Our local Calgary doctors can help you.
Send us a message to book an appointment and get access to medical cannabis or to find out more about the eligibility criteria.