Medical Cannabis Calgary Clinic
What is Cannabis?
Cannabis (also known as marijuana) is a drug that comes from the cannabis plant of the Cannabaceae family. It has over 100 compounds inside it, but the most well-known substances that are found in Cannabis which are:
- THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis and is the one responsible to cause the “high” that most people associate with it.
- CBD (cannabinol), which is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that is used mostly to help reduce inflammation and ease pain.
How is Cannabis Used?
Cannabis has been consumed by many cultures for hundreds of years. It can be smoked, eaten, or vaporized and comes in different forms. Until recently, it has been considered an illicit substance in Canada.
However, changes in attitudes towards medical cannabis in Calgary and across the country have turned on the plant’s potential medicinal properties. Evidence suggests that cannabis can help reduce nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy, improve appetite in people with HIV/AIDS, reduce chronic pain and muscle spasms.
Who Uses Medical Cannabis?
Currently there are traditional prescription medications out there that can help treat some of the symptoms and conditions that you may be facing today. However some people prefer using medical cannabis since in most cases it proves to be more effective than pharmaceutical drugs and has fewer negative side effects.
How to Get Prescription for Medical Cannabis?
In order to be eligible to acquire a prescription for medical marijuana from us, you just need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to book an appointment with us by filling out our intake form or called at +403.648.9221 in order for one of our qualified doctors to check your current medical problems and fully determine whenever the use of cannabis is the right treatment for you.
- Secondly, our qualified doctor will assess you to determine if medical cannabis is an appropriate treatment option for you. If you are eligible, you will be given a license authorizing the use of this natural treatment.
- Once it has been approved, we will contact you to help you choose a Licensed Producer and schedule a Virtual Education Session if needed.
- One of our representatives will register your license and information with the Licensed Producer you have chosen and afterward you will then be able to purchase your natural treatment directly from them.
- Finally, we will provide you with on-going support in many ways. You will be able to join us for informational classes & workshops, as well as be connected to our patient portal for access to important information.
Why Choose Us?
Here at SmartLeaf Health Services, we have partnered with multiple medical cannabis clinics in Calgary and the surrounding area to provide free prescriptions for medical cannabis through qualified physicians.
Our mission has always been to educate as well as to treat our clients with mild medical conditions with the beneficial properties of medical cannabis. We assured you that our Health Canada Approved Licensed Producers, have the best product that is best suited to your individual needs.
Don´t wait anymore and book an appointment today and find out if medical cannabis is the right choice for you. We also offer the opportunity to get in touch with our professional doctors through skype if scheduling is a problem for you.